2020 SEASON UPDATE!!!
UpdatedMonday May 25, 2020 byFagan Baseball .
Hello Fagan Families,
Hope all is well! We have an update on our 2020 season! The Board of Directors met this weekend to discuss recent guidelines put out by the Babe Ruth League on the national level and how these guidelines could be applied on the local level.
Here are the key facts as we know them right now:
- We’ve decided that we will proceed with a Minors (8-10 yr. old) and Majors (10-12 yr. old) divisions summer season, with some weekly practice opportunities for Rookies division. The practice opportunities for Rookies will not require a fee. We are concerned that we will not be able to execute or enforce all the new guidelines with younger divisions. Hopefully, we will have a fall ball season that all divisions can participate in.
- All t-ball and rookies division families will be refunded the league fee, if you registered prior to the COVID. Furthermore, if any minors or majors division families choose to not participate, they will be refunded the league fee as well, if you registered and paid during winter clinics.
- For any new minors or majors registrations, the summer league fee is $50. Any family that paid the full registration fee of $85 during winter clinics will be refunded the difference.
- We are looking for the summer season to begin on June 20th, with some practices and a modified opening day to review team rosters, rules, guidelines. The actual game schedule will run from Saturday, June 27th through either July 31st or extended into early August. We will schedule 1 game per day, Monday through Friday and schedule three games on Saturday, spaced by 2 hours for each game to allow for sanitation and turnover protocol.
- We need to fill our minors and majors rosters and we are looking to register 27 more minors players and 23 more majors players for a total of 80 players across the two divisions.
- This will all be inter league play, we will not be traveling or playing any teams from surrounding towns.
- We will not have an opportunity to conduct formal tryouts for the Minors or Majors divisions. We will work with players and families on a case-by-case basis to determine if your player is ready for competitive play in each division.
- Please take a moment to review the guidelines that Babe Ruth has published; http://www.baberuthleague.org/media/317863/BRL.CV19%20PLAN_5.15.20.pdf
- These are suggested guidelines but should be followed if at all possible. More information can be found on the Babe Ruth website here; http://www.baberuthleague.org/news/coronavirus.aspx.
We would love to hear from our Fagan Families! Please visit our website to register for the summer league in the minors or majors division www.nbfaganbaseball.com or email Jose Torres at Jmito25@gmail.com if you need assistance. We will automatically process all t-ball and rookies refunds in June.